Asparagus Salad with Parmesan and Almonds
- 2 bunches asparagus
- Salt and pepper
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp runny honey
- ⅓ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Slice asparagus spears on the diagonal into thirds, discarding the woody ends.
2. Blanch asparagus in salted boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain well and refresh in ice-cold water. Drain well and place in a large serving bowl with rocket and cherry tomatoes.
3. To make the dressing, place oil, vinegar and honey in a small jar. Season well with salt and pepper. Put the lid on and shake well to combine.
4. Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss well to coat. Scatter with Parmesan and almonds just before serving.
Tip: Green beans also work well in this dish.
• Energy 522j • Protein 5g • Total Fat 10g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 3g • Sugars 3g • Sodium 283mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation