Mix and Match Bruschetta
- 1/2 ciabatta loaf, cut into 1.5cm slices
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, halved
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 250g mixed cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 200g button mushrooms, cut into wafer-thin slices
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp parsley, roughly chopped, plus extra whole leaves to serve
- 100g feta
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Rub one side of each slice of bread with the cut garlic clove. Then brush both sides with oil and arrange on baking tray. Bake for 6-8 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
3. To make the tomato and feta topping, reduce oven temperature to 150°C (130°C fan-forced). Arrange tomatoes on baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and vinegar. Season to taste. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until tender and leave to cool slightly.
4. To make the lemon mushroom topping, place mushrooms in a small bowl with remaining oil and lemon juice. Season to taste. Marinate for at least 10 minutes. Toss parsley through.
5. Place bread on a serving platter and divide mixture between slices. Top the tomato topping with crumbled feta and the mushroom topping with extra parsley.
Roasting tomatoes on a low heat prevents splitting and bursting while enhancing their
• Energy 849Kj • Protein 6g • Total Fat 13g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 15g • Sugars 2g • Sodium 524mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation