Strawberry Croissant French Toast
- 7 mini croissants
- 1 Tbsp strawberry jam
- 250g strawberries, sliced plus whole strawberries to serve
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 40g butter
- Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan-forced).
2. With a sharp knife, carefully cut open the inside edge of each croissant to make a pocket, leaving 1cm at each end. Spread strawberry jam in the pocket, and fill with a layer of sliced strawberries. Repeat with remaining croissants.
3. Place sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until combined.
4. Heat half of the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. When the butter is sizzling, dip four filled croissants into the milk mixture. Place the croissants in the pan. Cook until golden brown (approx 2-3 minutes each side). Remove from pan and place on a wire rack over a baking tray. Place in the oven to keep warm.
5. Repeat with the remaining butter, croissants and milk mixture.
6. Serve croissants dusted with sifted icing sugar and extra strawberries, if desired.
• Energy 2586Kj • Protein 13g • Total Fat 33g • Saturated Fat 18g • Carbohydrates 65g • Sugars 33g • Sodium 460mg