Caesar Pasta Salad
- 350g penne pasta
- Salt and pepper
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g bacon, grilled, broken into shards
- 2 cups baby rocket leaves
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and quartered
- 1 /4 cup olive oil
- 1 /4 cup lemon juice
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcester sauce
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions. Drain well and allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile, make the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a small food processor. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Season to taste.
3. In a large bowl, combine drained pasta with tomatoes, bacon, rocket, onion and Parmesan. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently.
4. Place eggs on top. Spoon into a serving dish to serve.
This salad can be made in advance, just leave the rocket leaves and dressing out until ready to serve.
• Energy 2596Kj • Protein 29g • Total Fat 28g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 61g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 1481mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation