Pearl Couscous with Fish
- 4 small boneless thick white fish fillets
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1. Lightly coat fish with flour, shaking off any excess.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil over a medium heat. Cook fish for 5-6 minutes on each side until flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.Set aside and keep warm.
3. In the same pan, sauté onion, celery and garlic for 4-5 minutes until tender.
4. Stir in cumin and chilli, then cook for 1 minute. Add couscous and stock, then bring to the boil.
5. Mix in tomatoes and capers. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then stir parsley through.
6. Spoon couscous onto a serving platter and top with fish. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Freeze any leftover chicken stock in ice cube trays to be used another time.
• Energy 1694Kj • Protein 29g • Total Fat 10g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 46g • Sugars 5g • Sodium 471mg