Garlic and Oregano Roast Chicken
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves 2 garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves, plus extra, to serve
- Salt and pepper
- 700 g baby potatoes, halved
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- Steamed green beans, to serve
How to Chop Herbs
1. Place chicken pieces in a medium-sized roasting pan.
2. To make the marinade, whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour half the mix over the chicken and rub in well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Toss the potatoes and onion wedges in the remaining marinade, then add to the roasting pan. Bake for 50 minutes.
4. Remove the roasting dish from the oven and drain off any excess liquid.
5. Add the tomatoes to the roasting dish. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
6. Scatter with fresh oregano, if desired. Serve with steamed beans.
Potatoes and onions should be stored separately. While they both need to be stored in cool, dark places, they will sprout faster if kept together.
• Energy 2065Kj • Protein 29g • Total Fat 25g • Saturated Fat 6g • Carbohydrates 35g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 607mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation