Sundried Tomato and Spinach Roulade
- 250g frozen spinach, thawed, excess water squeezed water
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus 1/4 cup extra, shaved, to serve
- 200g fresh ricotta
- 150g goat feta
- 2/3 cup sundried tomatoes, drained, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Small basil leaves, to serve
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 26 x 32cm shallow pan with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm over the edges.
2. Place spinach, egg yolks, flour, sour cream and half of the grated Parmesan in a food processor. Process for 45 seconds, until smooth.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a clean bowl until firm peaks form. Usinga large spoon, fold spinach mixture, in two batches, through the egg white. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, until spongy to touch.
4. Place a piece of baking paper on a clean work surface and sprinkle over remaining grated Parmesan. Invert spinach sponge onto paper, and peel paper from top of sponge. Cover sponge with a clean tea towel and set aside to cool.
5. Meanwhile, place ricotta and feta in a food processor and process until smooth. Gently spread mixture over the cooled spinach sponge. Arrange sundried tomatoes and spring onions in a line, along the long edge closest to you, leaving a 2cm gap to the edge.
6. Using the paper as a guide, roll up sponge to form a log. Wrap in baking paper and then foil. Refrigerate until needed.
7. To serve, scatter over shaved Parmesan and basil leaves and cut into slices.
• Energy 852Kj • Protein 16g • Total Fat 13g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 5g • Sugars 3g • Sodium 515mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation