- 125g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup coloured sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and honey in a bowl. Add egg yolk and beat to combine. Add flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Stir to combine. Turn out onto a floured surface and gently knead until smooth.
3. Using a rolling pin, roll dough on a lightly floured bench until 5mm thick. Using a 7cm pastry cutter, cut 20 discs from dough. Using a 2cm round cutter, cut a disc from the centre of each biscuit. Place on prepared trays, leaving room for spreading. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and leave to cool on the trays.
4. Combine icing sugar and enough water to form a firm spreadable icing. Spread icing over biscuits. Add sprinkles. Serve when set.
• Energy 912Kj • Protein 2g • Total Fat 6g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 39g • Sugars 28g • Sodium 69mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation