Seasoned Feta Balls
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Light olive oil, to fry
- Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Combine feta, breadcrumbs, parsley, dill and egg in a medium-sized bowl. Season to taste. Using wet hands, shape mixture into
small bite-sized balls.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan on high. Fry balls in batches until golden, turning frequently.
3. Drain on a paper towel and serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.
- To make fresh breadcrumbs, cut any stale bread into thin slices. Spread on an oven tray and bake for 15-20 minutes at 170°C until golden. Remove from oven and leave to cool. Whizz in a food processor to form crumbs.
- For something a little different, add 50g of cooked bacon or sundried tomatoes
• Energy 443Kj • Protein 5g • Total Fat 7g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 6g • Sugars 0g • Sodium 232mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation