One Pan Pasta
- 300 g dried fettuccine
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, sliced (optional)
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4-5 sprigs of basil
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 900 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- freshly grated Parmesan
1. In a large, flat pot with high sides, place the dry pasta, onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes, chilli, and basil.
2. Drizzle everything with the olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the stock, then bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-high heat and cook until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated. Generally around 9-11 minutes. Use tongs to stir and toss the pasta every minute or so.
3. Remove from heat. Add grated parmesan and some fresh basil. Toss, season to taste.