Chocolate Caramel Slices
- 150g plain flour
- 110g Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar
- 25g Nestlé Bakers’ Choice 100% Cocoa, sifted
- Fresh Life coconut chips, 80g
- 125g butter, melted, plus 100g extra
- Fresh Life almonds natural, 375g
- 790g Nestlé Highlander Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 80ml Chelsea Golden Syrup
- 200g Nestlé Bakers’ Choice Dark Melts, melted
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven 180°C/160°C fan forced. Lightly grease an 18 x 28cm slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour and Nestlé Bakers’Choice 100% Cocoa, Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar, Fresh Life Coconut Chips and Fresh Life Almonds. Add butter, mix well.
3. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
4. To make the caramel mixture, combine extra butter, Nestlé Highlander Sweetened Condensed Milk and Chelsea Golden Syrup in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Pour over base.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Cool.
6. Combine Nestlé Bakers’Choice Dark Melts and oil, stir until smooth, pour evenly over slice.
Tip: to mix it up you can try adding 1 tsp of sea salt flakes into the caramel mixture, before pouring over the base and baking.