Gluten free apple and boysenberry slice
- 4 cups sliced apples
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 cups frozen boysenberries, defrosted and juice reserved
- 4 tsp corn flour
- 200g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 cups gluten free flour
- 2 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Whipped cream, to serve
1. Place the apples and apple juice in a saucepan on a medium heat and cook for 10 minutes, or until the apples are soft.
2. Mix the reserved boysenberry juice and corn flour together to make a paste. Add the paste to the apple mixture and simmer until the mixture is thick. Stir in the boysenberries. Set aside to cool.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 30cm x 20cm slice pan.
4. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat well.
5. Fold in the flour and baking powder until combined. Press two-thirds of the mixture onto the base of the prepared pan and top it evenly with the boysenberry mixture. Top with the remaining one-third of the pastry mixture and press down gently.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the top comes out clean. Leave to cool in the pan before cutting it into squares. Serve with whipped cream.