Avocado and Kumara Brownie
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato – roasted until soft and then mashed
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 200 g dark chocolate drops
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
1. Brownie: Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line the bottom of a 8" by 8" baking dish with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, mash the kumara and avocado together with a fork.
3. In a food processor combine mashed kumara and avocado along with remaining ingredients for brownies until smooth- try avoid over mixing. Spread batter into a 8" by 8" baking dish.
4. Bake for 40 minutes
5. Leave to cool before icing
6. Icing: Melt 200g of Dark chocolate
7. Add coconut cream to melted chocolate and whisk until smooth
8. Pour over the cooled brownie
9. Refrigerate until firm
Tip: be sure to check the dark chocolate you use doesn't contain dairy if you are wanting to make this a dairy free treat.