Cheesy Ham and Pineapple Muffins
- 12 paper muffin cases
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 200g ham, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/3 cup snipped chives
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 60g butter, melted
- 410g can crushed pineapple, drained
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
2. In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder and 1 tsp salt together. Stir in ham, half the cheese, half the chives and 1 Tbsp sugar. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
3. In a jug, whisk together the milk, egg and butter. Fold through flour mixture, then add the pineapple, until just combined.
4. Spoon mixture evenly into cases until 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the top of each muffin with the remaining cheese and chives. Return to the oven for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
6. Cool in tray for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack. Serve warm, or cool completely and store in an airtight container.