Steamed Salmon in Silverbeet
- 500g salmon fillet
- 4 silverbeet leaves, trimmed
- 1 cup pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
1. Remove skin and pin bones from salmon fillet and cut into 4 even-sized pieces.
2. In a saucepan of simmering water, blanch silverbeet for 20 seconds. Transfer to a bowl of cold water for 10 seconds, and then drain on paper towel. Add salt and pepper, season to taste. Wrap each piece salmon with silverbeet and set aside.
3. In a saucepan over a medium heat, add olives, capers, oil, lemon juice and zest. Bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside.
4. In a steamer saucepan, add salmon and steam, covered, over simmering water for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked to taste.
5. Top with lemon zest and olive mixture and serve with lemon wedges and green beans.