Lamb and Silverbeet Cannelloni
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 500g silverbeet
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh mint
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 500g jar of tomato pasta sauce
- 400g fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Side salad, to serve
How to Chop an Onion
1. In a large frying pan on a medium heat, add half the oil. Add onion and garlic, and cook,stirring, until soft. Add mince and oregano. Stir until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Finely slice the silverbeet stems and leaves separately. Heat remaining oil in the same pan. Add stems, and cook, stirring until tender. Add leaves, and cook, stirring, until soft. Remove from heat.
3. In a medium bowl, add silverbeet, then stir in feta, lemon rind, mint and mince mixture. Season to taste.
4. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Spread 1/4 cup of tomato pasta sauce into the base of a 30 x 20cm shallow ovenproof dish.
5. Cut each lasagne sheet into thirds. Place 1/2 cup of mince mixture along the length of each sheet and roll up to form a tube.
Arrange filled tubes on the tomato pasta sauce in the dish. Top evenly with remaining pasta sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Serve with salad.
Instead of lamb mince, you could also make this recipe using beef mince.
• Energy 2404Kj • Protein 37g • Total Fat 29g • Saturated Fat 13g • Carbohydrates 38g • Sugars 11g • Sodium 1049mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation