Tuna, Kumara and Rocket Frittata
- 400g kumara, peeled, thinly sliced
- 120g baby rocket leaves
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 20cm round ovenproof dish.
2. Place kumara in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with boiling water. Cook on high for 4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
3. In prepared dish, layer kumara on the base, then top with 100g of rocket and then the tuna.
4. Whisk eggs, cream and cheese in large jug and pour into the dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until set. Stand for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges to serve.
5. Toss remaining rocket with tomato, onion, mint and coriander. Place frittata on plates, and serve with salad and lemon wedges on the side.
You can replace tuna with thinly sliced, pan-fried chorizo sausage.
• Energy 2052Kj • Protein 45g • Total Fat 24g • Saturated Fat 12g • Carbohydrates 21g • Sugars 15g • Sodium 530mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation