Sticky Thai Pork
- 100 g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 500 g minced pork
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup peanuts, toasted, chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- fried shallots, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
1. In a large heatproof bowl, cover noodles with boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes, then drain.
2. In a wok, heat oil on high. Add pork and stir fry for 4-5 minutes, or until browned, breaking up lumps.
3. Add spring onion, garlic and chilli, then stir fry for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a plate.
4. In the wok, combine sugar, lime juice and fish sauce and heat until boiling. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until reduced and sticky.
5. Return mince mixture to pan with half of the coriander, half of the peanuts, and broccoli. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Toss noodles through.
6. Serve with remaining coriander, nuts, fried shallots sprinkled over top and lime wedges on the side.
Tip: The stalks of the broccoli can also be used, just slice finely and add to the recipe.
Energy 2492Kj • Protein 34g • Total Fat 23g • Saturated Fat 6g • Carbohydrates 60g • Sugars 40g • Sodium 2072mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation