Paprika Beef with Baby Potatoes
- 800g baby potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- Salt, to season
- Pepper, to season
- 500g beef rump, to season
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp horseradish cream
- Steamed green beans, to serve
How to Chop an Onion
1. In a large saucepan, add potatoes. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, and boil for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain and leave to cool slightly. Cut into 2cm thick slices.
2. Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over a high heat. In a medium bowl, combine paprika, half the oil and half the thyme. Season to taste. Rub mixture over beef to coat evenly. Grill beef for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a heatproof dish and rest for 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
3. In a frying pan over high heat, add remaining oil and butter. Add onion, sliced potato and remaining thyme. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes, or until golden. Season to taste.
4. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and horseradish. Divide beef and potato mixture among serving plates. Top with horseradish mayonnaise. Serve with green beans.
Store your potatoes inthe pantry with an apple to keep them fresh for longer.
• Energy 2016Kj • Protein 32g • Total Fat 26g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 28g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 232mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.