Silverbeet, Potato and Ricotta Pie
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch silverbeet, stalks removed, leaves shredded
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 200g fresh ricotta cheese
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 50g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Salad, to serve
How to Chop an Onion
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fanforced). Lightly grease a 23cm springform ovenproof dish.
2. In a large frying pan on a medium heat, add oil. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
3. In a saucepan of simmering water, blanch silverbeet for 20 seconds. Transfer to a bowl of cold water for 10 seconds, remove and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat potatoes on high for 5 minutes. Add silverbeet, onion, ricotta, feta and eggs, and mix to combine. Season to taste.
5. Cut filo in half lengthways. Brush each piece with melted butter. Line prepared pan with the filo, layer each piece in the base of the pan and up the sides, forming an asterisk shape, continue until the entire dish is covered and all the filo strips are used.
6. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the filo base. Fill with silverbeet mixture. Fold edges of filo over top towards the centre. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until firm and golden. Serve with salad.
Keep your potatoes and onions stored in the pantry but away from each other as they sprout quicker when stored together.
• Energy 1562Kj • Protein 15g • Total Fat 20g • Saturated Fat 10g • Carbohydrates 32g • Sugars 5g • Sodium 435mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation