Chicken, Corn and Avocado Tacos
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g chicken mince
- 35g packet taco seasoning
- 310g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 1 avocado, stone removed, flesh finely chopped
- 8 taco shells
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Salsa, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. In a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Add capsicum and onion, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Add chicken mince, and brown for 4-5 minutes, breaking up lumps.
3. Add taco seasoning, stirring well, then mix in water and corn. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Gently stir through avocado.
4. Meanwhile, arrange tacos upside down on a baking tray. Heat in oven for 3-5 minutes, following packet instructions. Remove tacos from oven, and place upright on a serving plate.
5. Fill tacos with mince mixture. Top with lettuce and cheese. Serve with salsa and sour cream on top.