Chicken Stir-Fry Lettuce Cups
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g chicken breast, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, halved and finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 100g packet Singapore noodles
- 4 large whole lettuce leaves
1. In a wok on a medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil. Add chicken and stir-fry in batches, for 6-7 minutes, or until browned. Set aside.
2. Heat remaining oil in the wok on a medium heat. Add garlic, onion, capsicum and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onion is soft. Return chicken to the wok and add hoisin, soy and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
3. Remove from heat and toss through noodles. Use the lettuce leaves as cups and divide the chicken mixture between each to serve.
To help keep your lettuce fresher for longer, wrap in a paper towel and place in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
• Energy 1372Kj • Protein 36g • Total Fat 13g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 15g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 573mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.