- 1 can reduced cream
- 1 packet onion soup
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 loaf sandwich bread
- Butter or Margarine
1. Mix 1 can of reduced cream and onion soup in a bowl. Add grated cheese and mix through.
2. If you don't like crusts on bread, cut them off now- this is optional. Spread each slice with butter or margarine.
3. Spread two-thirds of the unbuttered side with one heaped dessert spoonful of cheese mix. Roll up tightly so filling doesn’t spill out.
4. Place on a baking tray and bake at 180°C oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Tip: You can assemble ahead of time and keep covered with a damp tea towel or in a large plastic container in fridge ready for cooking as required. Cheese rolls can be served with a chutney.