Red Lentil, Mushroom and Spinach Curry
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 4 naan bread
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small brown onion, sliced thinly
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 small green chillies, sliced thinly
- 200g baby button mushrooms, halved
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 250g baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Wash lentils thoroughly under running water to remove any dirt or stones. Wrap naan bread in foil; heat in moderate oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.
2. In wok or large frying pan, heat oil. Add seeds, stir-fry until fragrant. Add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli; stir-fry until onion is soft. Add mushrooms, stir-fry until browned lightly.
3. Add drained lentils, stock and 1.2 a cup of water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until lentils are tender. Meanwhile, make yoghurt sauce.
4. Add garam masala and spinach to curry, stir until spinach is wilted; transfer to a serving dish.
5. Serve with warmed naan and sauce.
1. In a small bowl, combine yoghurt, salt and 1 clove of garlic.