Caramelised Leek and Pumpkin Pie
- 800g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 medium leeks, pale section only, halved, washed, sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chunky-style red capsicum dip
- 1 large courgette thinly sliced
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 150g brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Mixed salad, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Place pumpkin, leek and oil in a roasting pan. Toss to coat. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven. Add dip and zucchini. Stir to combine.
2. Reduce oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 3cm-deep 25.5 x 6cm (base measurement) slice pan.
3. Place 1 sheet of the filo in prepared pan, letting edges overhang evenly over long sides. Spray pastry in pan (not overhanging pastry) with oil. Repeat layering with remaining filo and oil. Spoon pumpkin mixture into pan. Arrange brie slices over pumpkin mixture.
4. Fold overlapping layers of filo alternately over filling, spraying each layer with oil. Sprinkle top with seeds. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Stand for 5 minutes. Lift pie from pan. Cut into pieces. Serve with salad.