- 300g dried pappardelle pasta
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 large flat mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 410g can tomato purée
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- ½ cup sour cream
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water on high for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook,stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add mushroom and paprika and continue to cook for 5 minutes, or until soft.
3. Stir tomato purée through the mushroom mixture with the crumbled stock cube, sour cream and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 5 minutes, or until sauce reduces slightly.
4. Add spinach, stirring through until wilted. Season to taste.
5. Pour sauce over pasta and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Tip: Instead of pasta, you could also serve the stroganoff with rice or mashed potato.