Curried Beef, Potato and Cauliflower Pasties
- 1 Tbsp rice bran oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200g beef mince
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 potato, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup water
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Green salad, to serve
How to Chop an Onion
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté onion for 4-5 minutes until tender. Increase heat to high and brown mince for 4-5 minutes, stirring to break up any lumps.
3. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir through potato, cauliflower, peas and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Set aside to cool.
4. Cut each piece of pastry into 4 squares. Divide beef mixture evenly between each square, covering one corner of the pastry but leaving 1cm border around the edge. Fold over to form a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal.
5. Place pasties on prepared tray. Brush with egg and bake for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
6. Serve hot, with salad on the side.