Broccoli, Tortellini and Bacon Bake
- 2 x 300g packets tortellini
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 600g kumara, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 250g streaky bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 300ml light cooking cream
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 300g broccoli, cut into florets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Grease a 2L ovenproof dish. Place on a baking tray.
2. Cook tortellini in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water on high for 4 minutes or until they float to the surface. Drain and place in the prepared dish.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add kumara and bacon and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until kumara is tender. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add cream, milk and broccoli. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until broccoli is just tender. Season to taste.
4. Pour kumara mixture over tortellini. Stir to combine and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and bubbling.