Muffin Pizza Slice
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese, plus ¹⁄₃ cup extra for the topping
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 60g butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp store-bought pizza sauce
- ½ capsicum, finely chopped
- 100g cabanossi / mild salami, thinly sliced
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 30 x 20cm slice pan, extending paper over the sides.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add ½ cup of cheese and oregano. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
3. Whisk egg, milk and butter in a small jug. Pour into flour mixture. Using a large spoon, gently fold mixture together until just combined. Spread into prepared pan.
4. Spread top of mixture with pizza sauce. Top with capsicum, cabanossi, olives and extra cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Stand in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Cut into slices to serve.
Tip: Top with any of your favourite toppings e.g. onion, pineapple, ham, artichokes or tomatoes.