Chicken and Cauliflower Curry
- 1 Tbsp rice bran oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 500g kumara, cut into 2cm cubes
- 500g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 50g green beans, trimmed, halved
- ½ cup coriander leaves plus extra, to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Cook chicken in batches for 3-4 minutes, until browned. Remove from pan.
2. Sauté onion and garlic in the same pan for 1-2 minutes, until onion is tender. Add red curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
3. Stir in coconut milk, chicken stock and kumara. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
4. Return chicken to pan with cauliflower. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir coriander through. Serve with steamed rice and extra coriander sprinkled over top.