Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 125 g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup very ripe mashed banana
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 125 g cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 20cm round cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, until combined.
3. Sift flour and baking soda together. Fold banana, sour cream and 3/4 cup of the flour mixture into creamed mixture. Fold in remaining flour with milk until combined.
4. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To make frosting, in a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled cake.
Tip: You will need about 2 large ripe bananas for this recipe.
Energy 1403Kj • Protein 4g • Total Fat 15g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 45g • Sugars 29g • Sodium 215mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.