- 2 cups self raising flour
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups of milk
- Butter for cooking
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Sliced banana, to serve
1. In a large bowl, place the flour, salt, sugar, lemon zest, eggs, vanilla and milk. Whisk until well combined and lump free. Let it rest for 10 mins.
2. Meanwhile, make the heart-shaped mould. Fold about 30cm of tinfoil into a strip about 2cm wide. Create a heart-shape, folding the ends together so there are no gaps.
3. Heat a small pan to a medium heat, brush with a little butter. Place the mould in to the pan and gently pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter in to the mould. If any batter leaks out the bottom just gently push it back with a rubber fish slice. Cook until the pancake starts to bubble. Remove the mould, then flip and cook for a further 2 mins. Stack the pancakes until needed.
4. Serve pancakes with maple syrup and your favourite fruit e.g. bananas and berries.
- Place a little strip of baking paper between each pancake to prevent them from sticking together.