Herbed French Toast With Smoked Salmon and Crème Fraiche
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives plus extra, to serve
- 1 Tbsp chopped dill
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 30g butter
- 4 slices thick ciabatta
- 150g sliced smoked salmon
- ½ cup crème fraiche or light sour cream
- Spinach leaves, to serve
1. Combine eggs, milk and herbs in a shallow bowl. Season to taste and whisk well.
2. Heat butter in a frying pan on medium. Dip each piece of ciabatta in egg mixture for a few seconds on each side.
3. When butter is foaming, cook ciabatta for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden. Drain on a paper towel.
4. Serve topped with smoked salmon and crème fraiche. Sprinkle with extra chives and accompany with spinach.