Pear and Raspberry Crumble
- 40g butter, plus 100g extra, chilled, chopped
- 4 ripe large pears, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 whole star anise
- 300g frozen raspberries
- ½ cup almond meal
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 300ml cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease a 2L shallow ovenproof dish. Place on a baking tray.
2. Melt butter in a frying pan over moderate heat. Add pears and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until softened slightly. Add sugar and star anise and continue to cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Stir in raspberries until combined. Spoon into prepared dish.
3. Process almond meal, brown sugar and flour in a food processor until combined. Add extra butter and pulse until crumbly. Sprinkle crumble topping over pear mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
4. Whip cream and cinnamon until soft peaks form. Serve crumble with cream and sprinkled with extra cinnamon.