Mocha Self-saucing Pudding
- 100g dark eating chocolate, chopped
- 50g butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 ¼ cups self-raising flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Vanilla icecream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease a 1.5L ovenproof dish.
2. Combine chocolate, butter, milk and coffee in a medium saucepan. Stir over a low heat until smooth. Place in a large bowl. Stir in caster sugar. Sift flour and 2 tablespoons of the cocoa powder and stir to combine. Spread mixture into prepared dish.
3. Sift brown sugar and remaining cocoa over cake mixture. Gently pour boiling water over the mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until centre is firm to the touch. Stand pudding for 5 minutes before serving.
4. Serve dusted with icing sugar and a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on top.