Chicken and Leek Tray Bake
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2-3 leeks, washed, trimmed, quartered lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 cup black olives, pitted
- 1 bunch fresh oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Couscous, to serve
- Lemon wedges to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. In a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Cook drumsticks for 4-5 minutes, turning, until well browned.
3. Pour wine and stock into a large baking dish. Arrange chicken, leek, capsicum, olives and half the oregano sprigs in the dish. Season and drizzle with oil.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, cook couscous according to packet instructions.
6. Serve chicken and juices scattered with remaining oregano. Serve with couscous and lemon wedges.
• It’s important to trim and wash the leek thoroughly to remove grit in the layers before using.
• You can also add some potato chunks to the dish in Step 3 to make it go further.
• You could replace couscous with rice to make it gluten free. Also just check your stock is Gluten Free.