Carrot and Pecan Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp finely grated carrot
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 scoop vanilla ice-cream
- 2 Tbsp store-bought caramel sauce
- 1 Tbsp coarsely chopped roasted pecans
1. Whisk flour, sugar, oil, carrot, spice and egg in a 1½ cup microwave-safe mug (see tips).
2. Microwave on medium (50%) for 1½ minutes, or until cake is cooked when a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes.
3. Serve topped with ice-cream, caramel sauce and pecans.
- Ensure you use a microwave-safe mug. We used 1½-cup capacity, straight-sided mugs that were 9cm high and 8cm (top measurement) in diameter.
- Be careful not to cook longer than specified, as cakes will continue to cook while standing.