Feijoa maple roly-poly
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 200ml maple syrup, plus extra to drizzle
- 3/4 cup feijoas, skin removed
- 100ml cream, plus extra to serve
- 100ml milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (200°C fan-forced). Lay pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface, then spread both with maple syrup. Set aside remaining syrup. Cover three-quarters of each sheet with feijoas. Starting from the side with the feijoas closest to the edge, gently roll up each sheet into a Swiss roll and put side-by-side in a high-sided baking dish.
2. Drizzle extra maple syrup over both pastry rolls. Mix the cream and milk together, then evenly pour the mixture down both sides of the pastry rolls. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden. Serve with cream or ice cream.