Mustard Tarragon Chicken Bake
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g white button mushrooms, halved
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 100g green beans, cut into thirds
- 1½ Tbsp tarragon
- Mashed potato, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Heat half of the oil in a 2 litre casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side, or until browned. Transfer chicken to a plate.
2. Add remaining oil to dish. Add leek and cook, stirring for 3 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and mushroom and cook, stirring for 3 minutes, or until mushroom is tender. Add crumbled stock cube, water, cream, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Place dish on a baking tray. Add chicken and turn to coat.
3. Place casserole dish into the oven and bake, covered with a lid, for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Add beans and bake for a further 3 minutes or until beans are tender. Sprinkle with tarragon and serve with mashed potato.