Mushroom and Spinach Quiche
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 250g white button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- 1 ⁄3 cup cream
- 50g feta, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice pan. Line pan with pastry sheets, trimming to fit. Using a fork, prick base all over. Line pastry with baking paper. Cover base with rice or pie weights. Bake for 8 minutes or until just golden. Remove weights and paper. Cool.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add spring onion, mushroom and garlic. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until soft. Remove pan from heat. Add spinach and stir until wilted.
3. Spoon spinach mixture evenly over pastry in pan. Whisk eggs and cream in a jug. Season. Pour over spinach mixture. Sprinkle with feta. Bake for 12 minutes, or until browned and just set. Let stand in pan for 5 minutes. Serve.
Tip: You can make this quiche a day ahead. Cover, then refrigerate.