- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 500g lamb mince
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 beef stock cube
- 11⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1⁄4 cup chopped coriander, plus extra to serve
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 3⁄4 cup tzatziki, to serve
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring for 5 minutes, or until soft.
2. Add mince, and cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Add garlic, ginger and spices. Cook, stirring for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
3. Add crumbled stock cube and 11/2 cups of water. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Stir in peas and carrot; simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes more or until soft. Stir in chopped coriander. Season to taste.
4. Spoon rice onto serving plate. Top with keema and extra coriander. Serve with tzatziki.
Tip: For a dairy free option, replace tzatziki with coconut yoghurt.