Fried Rice Salad
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 rashers shortcut rindless bacon, finely chopped
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- ¾ cup corn kernels
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- Cherry tomatoes, halved, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
How to Chop an Onion
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Sauté onion, capsicums and bacon for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add cooked rice, corn, spring onions, soy and hoisin sauce. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring well. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
3. Once cooled, top with cherry tomatoes and coriander leaves. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Tip: For a vegetarian option, leave out the bacon.