Broccoli and Potato Soup
- 40g butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1.5L vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head of broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp cream
- 2 Tbsp roasted almonds, chopped
- Chopped Italian parsley, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
1. Heat a large saucepan on medium and melt the butter. Add onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until tender
2. Add potatoes, stock and bay leaf. Turn up the heat and boil. Boil for 5 minutes
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add broccoli and simmer, covered, for 2 minutes. Stir in peas and simmer for another minute.
4. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl and discard the bay leaf. Using a blender, purée ingredients until smooth. Season to taste.
5. To serve, ladle into bowls. Drizzle with cream, then top with almonds and parsley. Serve with crusty bread
*Vegetable stock may contain gluten
• Energy 1386Kj • Protein 10g • Total Fat 15g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 35g • Sugars 9g • Sodium 1794mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.