Broccoli and Potato Soup
- 40g butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1.5L vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 broccoli head, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp cream
- 2 Tbsp roasted almonds, chopped
- Chopped Italian parsley, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
1. Heat a large saucepan on medium and melt the butter. Add onions and saute for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
2. Add potatoes, stock and bay leaf. Bring to a boil on high. Boil for 5 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add broccoli and simmer, covered, for 2 minutes. Stir in peas and simmer for another minute.
4. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl and discard the bay leaf. Using a blender, purée ingredients until smooth. Season to taste.
5. Drizzle soup with cream, then top with almonds and parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
*Vegetable stock may contain gluten
Tip: You can make it dairy free by replacing butter with olive oil and omitting the cream.