Coconut Fish Fingers with Caper Mayo
- 500g potatoes, cut into 1cm thick wedges
- Spray cooking oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 500g firm white fish, cut into fingers
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Caper Mayonnaise
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to Tell When Fish is Cooked
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced.
2. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
3. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on 1 tray. Spray with oil and season.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning once, until tender and golden brown.
5. In a shallow bowl, coat fish in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip fish into egg and then coat in coconut. Arrange on a second oven tray. Spray with oil and season. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
6. To make mayonnaise, combine the ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste.
7. Serve fish, on top of rocket, with potato wedges, mayonnaise and lemon wedges on the side.
Tip: To make this gluten free, use rice flour.