Beef and Capsicum Gnocchi
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 500g beef strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 150g white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 500g packet gnocchi
1. Heat oil in a frying pan on high. Add beef and stir-fry in batches for 2 minutes, or until browned. Remove from pan and keep warm.
2. Reduce heat to medium, add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until soft and golden. Add mushrooms and capsicum and cook for 5 minutes, or until just tender. Stir through tomatoes and paprika and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Stir through cooked beef and season to taste.
3. Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet
directions. Drain. Combine gnocchi with the beef and capsicum mixture. Serve.
Tip: To sweeten the flavour slightly, use plain paprika instead of smoked paprika.