Sticky Plum and Beer Chicken Drumsticks
- 375ml dark stout beer e.g. Guinness
- 1⁄2 cup plum jam
- 1⁄4 cup plum sauce
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 8 chicken drumsticks
How to Clean your BBQ
1. In a medium saucepan over a low heat, combine beer, jam, sauces and vinegar.
2. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Leave to Cool.
3. Cut 2 deep slits into the thickest part of each drumstick. Combine with two-thirds of the marinade in a shallow dish, reserving the rest for basting. Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
4. Heat the barbecue to a medium heat. Drain drumsticks and cook for 25-30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes and brushing with reserved marinade, until completely cooked through.
Tip: Scoring the drumsticks imparts better flavour and makes them cook faster.