Broccoli with Parmesan Crumb
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into large florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Spray a 20cm-square ovenproof dish with oil.
2. Steam broccoli for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and transfer to prepared dish.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add oil and mix until well combined.
4. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over broccoli. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Ensure the broccoli is well coated with the crumb mixture so it does not dry out during cooking.
- It will take about 3 slices of bread to make 1 ½ cups of breadcrumbs.
- You can use the broccoli stalk as well – just chop it into batons that are similar in size to the florets.