Spinach & Pumpkin Haloumi Salad
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled, chopped into 2cm chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 180g haloumi cheese, sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 120g baby spinach
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, toasted
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place pumpkin on the baking tray. Season to taste and toss gently. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until tender.
3. Meanwhile, preheat barbecue or grill plate to a medium heat. Brush haloumi with oil and grill for 30 seconds, then flip and cook for another 30 seconds. Set aside.
4. To make the dressing, combine oil and vinegar in a small jug.
5. To serve, combine spinach, pumpkin, haloumi and cashews in a bowl and drizzle with the dressing.
Kumara could be used instead of pumpkin, if preferred.
• Energy 1786Kj • Protein 16g • Total Fat 30g • Saturated Fat 11g • Carbohydrates 21g • Sugars 12g • Sodium 1002mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.