Smashed Chick Pea, Semidried Tomato & Spinach Salad
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 x 400g cans chick peas, rinsed, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g semidried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp coarsely chopped dill
How to Chop Herbs
1. Boil peas in a medium-sized saucepan for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Drain and refresh under cold water, then drain again.
2. Place chick peas in a large serving bowl. Lightly crush using a potato masher or fork. Season to taste.
3. Add peas, tomatoes, onion, spinach, lemon juice, oil and half of the dill to the bowl.Toss to combine. Season and scatter with remaining dill to serve.
Tip: To make spinach and other salad leaves last longer, store them in the fridge in an airtight container.