Dairy Free Banana and Coconut Brownies
- Oil, for greasing
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 100g dairy free chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
How to Whip Perfect Cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 18 x 28cm slice tin.
2. In a large bowl whisk together sugar, banana, eggs, oil and vanilla. Sift in flour and cocoa. Fold in chocolate and 1/2 cup of coconut.
3. Pour into slice tin. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until firm to touch.
4. Leave to cool in the pan then cut cooled brownie into squares. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Store bananas out of the fruit bowl and away from other fruits as this will make them ripen faster.
• Energy 891Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 11g • Saturated Fat 9g • Carbohydrates 24g • Sugars 18g • Sodium 13mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation